Tuesday, October 5, 2021

I Was Outnumbered

It is rare for me to receive a package where the majority of cards are not Cardinals.  After all, I am a Cardinals collector first and foremost.  Every now and then I get approached about a trade where the other party does not have many Redbirds I can use.  My first option to balance things out is to find Altuve cards my son needs.  That was the case last week with TCDB member Lawsgt.  I traded him a stack of Reds cards in exchange for 3 Cardinals and 4 Altuve cards.


Nothing wrong with a little color in a trade.  The Schoendienst 2011 GQ Framed card is numbered to 999.  The 2011 Purple Chrome Cleto is not numbered, but is a great looking card.  I wonder if Cleto received a 2011 World Series ring despite only playing in 3 regular season games that year.  His career only lasted 41 games over 4 seasons.  He could throw hard, but had no idea where the ball was going.


If Max Muncy cannot play in the Wild Card game tomorrow night, it would not shock me to see Pujols get the start at first base.  Hopefully he does not hit a longball like the one on this 2018 Topps insert.


The Altuve lot included 2 base cards and 2 inserts.  The 2021 Chrome Beisbol insert scanned great, although it does not appear that colorful in person.  It shocked me my son like the Allen & Ginter card the most.  He usually goes for the shiny or colored cards.  
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment