Thursday, October 7, 2021

It's Over

The Cardinals season came to an end last night thanks to Chris Taylor.  I was not shocked to see them lose, but it still hurts that they played well for most of the game and have nothing to show for it.  Some have put the blame on Mike Shildt and Alex Reyes.  The last 3 times Reyes has pitched in the 9th inning he has given up a walk off home run.  I would have went with Jack Flaherty.  I put more of the blame on the offense going 0 for 11 with runners in scoring position.  Hard to beat a great team when you only score 1 run.  

During commercial breaks I had plenty of time to scan some cards.  Today's lot came courtesy of TCDB member jimetal7212.


I usually think of the autograph set when I see 1999 Sports Illustrated cards, but the base cards have great shots also.  This Musial finished my team set.  The 2020 Update Numbers Game insert shows a classic Musial follow through.  


I really need to finish some of the early Topps Chrome sets.  I need a ton from the 2001 set.  After receiving a couple of 2004 Donruss Timeless Treasures last week, this Edmonds as came my way.  Funny how you never see a set, then they come in bunches.


Though not all from the same year, I have had quite a few Topps Gold cards coming in lately.  That is a good thing.  The Benes card is from the 2004 Classic Best Rookie Express set.  Just the type of minor league oddball I have never heard of but greatly love.


Yadi did not have a chance to get fired up last night.  Maybe he will during his final season next year.  The McGwire is one of his many base cards from 1999 SPx.


I will finish the post with the pitcher who finished the game last night.  Not sure what next year will hold for Reyes.  He wants to be a starter, but after seeing him wear down the second half of this year, I am not sure he will be effective.  
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment