Monday, July 15, 2024

Monday Six Pack

Happy All-Star Break, everyone.  I'm not sure I will watch the home run derby tonight, but my pick to win is Alonso.  He has been there before and knows how to pace himself.  I am more interested in the draft that is happening right now.  The Cardinals got an excellent pick at #7, drafting JJ Wetherholt.  There was talk of him being a top 2 pick before he hurt his hamstring.  

Moving ahead to today's trade recap of 6 Cardinals I received over the weekend from TCDB member PIANELLI.  He is also a member of the Trading Bases group, with whom I have traded many times.   


Not counting the variations, there are 23 Cardinals in the 2023 Topps Chrome Platinum set.  These give me 8 total.  Most are available for trade on TCDB, I just need to find a trade match.


Some collectors are not fans of brands like Just and Best, but I love adding these obscure cards of former major leaguers like Wilson and Politte.  Jack Wilson never played for the Cardinals, being traded in 2000 for reliever Jason Christiansen.  
  
      

2 comments:

  1. I love those Chrome Platinum cards. I'm lukewarm on minor league issues but it is interesting to see established stars with their original organization; never knew Jack Wilson was a Cards prospect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Twenty-three different Cardinals in the 2023 Topps Chrome Platinum set is pretty impressive. I was curious to see how many A's and Padres cards are on the checklist. The A's have 18 (12 rookies) and the Padres have 13. Not quite as impressive... but I'm guessing it'll still be fun and challenging to complete both of these team sets.

    ReplyDelete