Tuesday, July 16, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #84

My home run derby prediction did not pan out last night.  I was really surprised to see how poorly Alonso did. It may be time for the Polar Bear to retire from the event.  I will be watching the game tonight, or at least the first few innings.  I hope there is some excitement in the game.  Skenes should be fun to watch for an inning or two.

My first trade package today came from member BumgarnerBoys.  


Chrome cards have been drying up in value boxes at the last few shows I have been to.  Nice to trade for a couple of needs.  


This is Ozzie number 782 in my collection.  I do not recall seeing this photo on a card yet.  Nice to see Topps digging into the archives for a player that is in a ton of sets.

Second trade package came from member WikkiWikkiWikki.  That username is a mouthful.


More 2023 Chrome Platinum cards to show off.  Mr. Brock always had a nice autograph compared to current players.


Gorman would be my pick of the current Cardinals to compete in a home run contest.  He can hit them a long way when he does make contact.


This 2024 blue parallel does a great job of capturing Contreras' fiery nature.  I am not a big fan of the outspoken look at me attitude of this generation.  I am more of the old fashioned type who favors shut up, play the game, and act like you have been there.  





No comments:

Post a Comment