Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Back At It

I admit I have been lazy when it comes to keeping up with the trade recaps.  It has been almost a week since my last post.  Lots of things going on right now in the household including plenty of baseball games and other school activities to end the year.  Trading has also slowed, but I still have some recent cards to show off including today's Cardinals batch from TCDB member mjones68.  This was another Cardinals for Cardinals exchange.


First up is a trio of Donruss cards from the late 1990s.  I remember opening a few tins of 1998 Preferred when they came out.  I was looking for the McGwire tin, but settled for Rolen and Garciaparra.  I did trade for the McGwire some time ago, but have no clue where I put it.  


Drew was seconded only to McGwire in the number of cards put out during his Cardinal days.  Most of the small base sets  would be those 2 and maybe Jim Edmonds.  Hard to believe I still need quite a few base cards like the 2001 Pros & Prospects and 1999 Private Stock.  


I loved the Sports Illustrated sets.  They were colorful and featured a nice mix of players from the all time greats to then prospects like Marrero.  Marrero and Drew were the 2 players the Braves received in exchange for Adam Wainwright.  That deal worked out ok for the Cardinals.  The Butler is from 1999 SP Tops Prospects.  He was part of the Darryl Kile trade with the Rockies.


The final 2 cards are from 2005 Upper Deck First Pitch and 2009 Upper Deck Spectrum.  I was never much of an Upper Deck fan.  Of the 4 major companies during the 1990s and 2000s, I would rank them fourth.  I would rank Fleer just above them because of the Sports Illustrated and Greats of the Game sets.  Other than 40 Man, there was never an Upper Deck release that I was very excited for.  




  

No comments:

Post a Comment