Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Back to the PWE Trades

Trades continue to arrive at a steady pace to my mailbox.  Most have been the pwe variety.  I think the combination of the cost to mail a bubble envelope and having to wait at the post office has turned a lot of collectors to this method.  As long as the cards arrive safe and sound, I am ok with it.  For the most part, everyone uses a cut up 9 pocket page taped to a thin piece of cardboard.  TCDB member Americana sent me five cards last week this way.  All arrived in perfect condition.

This is my first card from the Topps Living Set.  Will I ever buy these directly from Topps?  No, unless for some reason a Ray Lankford card is made (which I highly doubt).  Will I trade for these?  You bet.

Some of the Topps Opening Day inserts look better than the flagship ones.  Case in point this 2021 Legends of Baseball Ozzie Smith.  Nothing very flashy, just a nice clean design.  About the only thing I do not like is the close up photo.

Both of these guys are now playing in Double A Springfield.  Burleson started the year in Peoria, but was promoted earlier this week after hitting 4 home runs in 11 games.  Gorman started the year in a slump, but has come around the last week to raise his average to .267.  He only has 1 home run so far, but he should heat up along with the weather.

My son's march for 500 Altuve cards has started.  He thinks it can be done by the end of the year.  That will depend on if we attend any card shows.  It is nice to hear more are happening, but we will have to wait until his travel baseball wraps up in late June.  Either that or hope for a rainout some weekend.  




  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment