Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Finally 400

I have been doing some thinking lately about changing the looks of my blog.  The background, banner, and layout has been the same ever since I started back in 2015.  Not sure when I might change since my schedule has been full with my son's baseball games, but one of these days you may see a new look.  

Another thing I briefly considered changing was the blog name.  My son brought up this point because I not only show off Cardinals, but also the Jose Altuve cards that go into his collection.  In the end, I think I will keep the same blog name.  It is hard for me to think of anything by a different name other than the one I know.  My sister has been married for over 20 years and I still refer to her by her maiden name.  Nothing against my brother in law, it is just a habit.  

You may be thinking what does this have to do with today's post.  All of this started when I received a trade from TCDB member Jgamble almost 2 weeks ago.  It contained the usual Cardinals goodies, but also 4 different Altuve cards that pushed my son's total over 400.


His collection now sits at 402.  I received this trade on a Thursday.  The next Saturday we went to the not so local card shop to get him another album and some Ultra Pro pages so he could keep them all organized.  It was fun spending about an hour going through the cards with him.

My portion of the trade started with a 1990 Louisville Redbirds team card.  I found it strange that the other collector only had 1 card from the team set, but maybe he received it in a lot or one of those repack boxes.  


Not much in common about these cards other than the colored borders.  I guess you can call the 2019 Topps Gallery Wood card a colored border.  


This week it is finally suppose to get warm in Illinois.  Highs should be in the 80s by the weekend.  Of course after a couple months of hot weather, I will be wishing for colder weather like what is pictured on these Topps Holiday Metallic Snowflake cards.  


I am not very big into the Leaf Draft products, but I will gladly take cards of a couple of #1 draft picks. Walker was the Cardinals pick in 2021, Carlson in 2016.  The Carlson card shows him in his Peoria uniform.  


It was neat to get a card picturing 3 Cardinals greats, then separate cards of each of them.  Maybe I should have shown the Molina card in this group instead of the Snowflake cards.  


Not much in common with these 2 cards either, but they are the last 2 cards from the package and I did not want to scan them separately.  Hopefully Gorman hits as many home runs in a Cardinals uniform as McGwire did.  
  


  


  

2 comments:

  1. 400+ Altuves is an impressive collection. And the Cardinals cards are really nice. I like the Musial, Hornsby, and Gyorko blue in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He thought 400 was a lot too, until I showed him Altuve has over 8,000 cards. He will have plenty of cards to track down for awhile.

    ReplyDelete