Monday, May 3, 2021

Swapping Duplicates

I have kept my mailman busy the last few days with daily deliveries of 2 or 3 trades coming and going.  Most of have been of the pwe variety.  Of course all of the trades have a goal of getting rid of my clutter in exchange for needed Cardinals.  

One of the best ways of doing this is trading with other Cardinals collectors.  One of my favorite such collectors is TCDB member timriess.  We have completed 5 trades since last November.  I have sent close to 250 Cardinals duplicates his way.  I have not received near that many in return, but that is fine with me.  Our latest completed trade arrived late last week.


I am very close to completing my 2021 Donruss team set.  The last card should hopefully arrive this week barring a USPS disaster.  


I am also getting closer to the 2021 Heritage team set.  This one will take a little more time because of the short prints.  


The exchange was not all base cards, as I gained 2 2021 inserts and a 2020 Donruss parallel.  I already have the Goldschmidt, but my son and I are going to try our luck at the challenge this year.  We have about 10 codes from different players, but have yet to try any.  I prefer to wait until the weather warms up some or the team has a doubleheader.  Last year we tried only one.  It was a Juan Soto code that we entered with only 2 games left.  We picked the wrong game, as he went deep in the other.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment