Monday, January 4, 2021

2020 is Finished

With today's recap, I will finish up all the trades I received in 2020.  It feels good to be somewhat caught up.  I received 5 different trades in Saturday's mail, so the cycle will begin again.  Today's cards were courtesy of TCDB member Americana.


There are my first cards from 2020 Bowman Draft.  There are plenty of box breaks available, but I am not one to gamble that much money on a handful of hopefuls.  I will instead play the waiting game on hope to complete the paper and chrome sets via trade.  If I happen to get any parallels or autos, that would be icing on the cake.


I loved the idea of 2020 Finest Flashbacks.  The 1993 set changed so many things about the hobby.  I have always liked the Donruss Diamond Kings inserts.  I wonder if Dick Perez would consider doing a set for Panini.  I loved his artwork from the 1980s sets.


It is a trio various mini cards.  I should have scanned the backs as the Gorman is a Piedmont back, while the Gibson is an A&G logo back.  


Altuve is about to jump out of this 2020 Finest card.  I really don't like the extreme close up, but I am guessing Topps used the photo on another card and was hoping collectors would not notice.  I will have to ask my son if he can find the same photo on one of his other cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment