Friday, January 8, 2021

Black Auto From The Bench

 It is finally Friday.  This is my first 5 day work week since the middle of December.  Since the weather has turned colder, there are fewer things to do.  I am lucky to have unlimited internet access at work, so a lot of my down time is spent looking at baseball related sites.  Of course I surf numerous sites looking to add to my Cardinals collection.  Last week a member from The Bench busted a case of 2020 Topps Chrome Black.  He had quite a few nice autographs for less than EBAY prices.  I was lucky to claim the only Cardinal in the lot.  


This is my third DeJong auto.  I have mentioned it before, but I love the way he takes the time and effort to write out his complete name.  Some players with shorter names do not put forth that much effort.  One of the first players that come to mind is former Cardinal Jon Jay.


6 letters in his name and this is what he scribbles down.  I know players sign thousands of autos at a time for card companies, but surely they can do a little better.  Makes you really appreciate guys like DeJong.  I paid $8.50 delivered his Chrome Black auto.  Great price in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment