Thursday, January 7, 2021

My Biggest Saturday Package

Today I will highlight the largest and last of the 5 packages I received on Saturday.  This was my first trade with TCDB member prozach.  We both mailed our packages on December 29.  I received mine Saturday.  As of this morning his is still in Florida.  Why a package headed to Montana from Illinois is stuck in Florida makes no sense to me.  


I usually wait until the last picture of a post to show off any Altuve cards.  This is a Cardinals blog first and formost, but the pink refractor and Finest card look too good to wait until last.  I will not say much about the blandness of the Optic card other than is shiny.  Nothing else really good to say about it.


These are my first cards from 2020 Panini Contenders.  I like the idea of a ticket stub on a card.  Reminds me of 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom cards.


These are also my first 2020 Bowman Platinum cards.  It was difficult at times to resist the urge to buy a box of these at Walmart, but I held off.  Thankfully they are now gone along with just about everything else.  When I check last night, there were just a few hanger packs of 2020 Update.


These are both purple parallels even if they do not look the same color.  I prefer the 2018 Optic better than 2019 Donruss.  It is a lot easier to hide logos on a catcher's card.


I have been getting quite a few refractors in lately, even some from the hard to find 2020 Topps Chrome set.  Topps Pink looks very similar to Optic Purple.


The last 3 cards have nothing in common, but I did not want to make a scan of each one.  One of my big hopes for Topps in 2021 is to make Topps Total a hobby/retail product.  I doubt it will happen as long as people keep buying it online.  I really do miss the 20+ card team sets from the early 2000s.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment