Sunday, January 31, 2021

Lucky Day

Fridays are always suppose to be good no matter what age you are.  Last day of the work week for most people and last day of school.  I am not sure I can think of anyone who does not like a Friday.  This past Friday was great for me.  On the heels of signing Adam Wainwright on Thursday, the Cardinals agreed to a trade for Nolen Arenado.  The deal is not complete yet, but it looks like they will also receive $50 million while giving up very little in return.  From what has been reported so far, just Austin Gomber, #9 prospet Jhon Torres, and 3 or 4 other prospects in the deal.  If it happens this way, it looks like a no lose situation for the Cardinals.

I lucked out earlier Friday on a trip to Walmart.  My son and I had to pick up some groceries and happen to stroll past the card aisle.  We were shocked to see 2 boxes of 2020 Topps Holliday and over 10 blister packs of 2020 Topps Heritage.  The Heritage was an easy pass for me as 27 cards for $25 is not a good deal.  We picked up one of the Holiday boxes that contained 100 cards for $22.

This is one of the best Holiday designs Topps has done.  The red and green really stand out.  It was nice to get the Altuve along with a couple of Cardinals we needed.


We pulled some nice base cards also.  It was nice to see no duplicates in the box.


Metallics are 1:2 packs.  The odds were correct as we received 5 out of the 10 packs.


Each box contains 1 ornament.  These are not as nice as the Pacific ornaments from the 1990s, but it was good to see something different in the box other than some type of manufactured relic.


We beat the odds on shortprints.  The Cabrera candy cane is a regular sp seeded 1:7 packs.  It was not hard to find it as it was backwards in the pack.  The McKary rare is a 1:20 pull.  We almost missed it until we were sorting the cards and noticed the snowball.


Each box contains a relic or autograph.  The autographs are pretty tough pulls, so it was no surprise to get a relic.  Not a bad design on these.  Overall it was a fun box to rip.  My wife went back on Saturday morning, but the other box was gone.  Still plenty of Heritage packs left.

If you see anything you like, drop me a message or email.



 


  

  

1 comment:

  1. These are nice cards, and it's the first I'm seeing of 2020 Topps Holiday! I really like the Benintendi relic but I don't think I have a comparable Cardinals card to trade.

    Oh, and congrats to Cards nation on the Arenado trade!

    ReplyDelete