Monday, January 18, 2021

Almost Burned By Bowman's Best Box Break

Good thing I still have mail coming in, as my quarantine time is getting very boring.  If all goes well, I will get back to the real world on Wednesday.  In the meantime, I have a chance to highlight a recent box break of half a case of 2020 Bowman's Best from EBAY.  I spent my 4th quarter EBAY bucks on this purchase, so it cost me about $21 out of pocket for the 4 boxes worth of Cardinals.  

Each box contains 12 packs of 5 cards with an average of 4 autos per box.  The base set consists of 70 veterans and 30 top prospects.  

I was sure I would get all the Cardinals base, but I did not receive a Molina card.  Hope to trade for that one on TCDB.  Of course the coalition was bad, as out of the 4 boxes I do remember seeing 5 Bo Bichette cards.  Good for the Blue Jay collector, but not for me.  Maybe the other 4 boxes of the case had a Molina or two.

The main draw of Bowman's Best are the refractors, rookie/prospects inserts, and the autographs.  I believe the refractors are 1 per pack.  Each pack also has an insert or auto.

Jordan Walker was the Cardinals first round draft choice last year.  I do like how Topps used the team color in the background.  Out of 48 packs this was my only insert or refractor.  Things were looking pretty bad until the second to last pack of the last box.

Not thrilled about the redemption, but it is an auto of the Cardinals #2 prospect.  I am hoping this will be one of the colored refractor variations because there are a ton of Gorman base autos on EBAY right now.  I redeemed it on Saturday.  Wonder how long this one will take to come, if it does at all.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment