Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Welcome Distraction

Like so many others, I was happy to turn the page on 2020.  There is a lot of hope that 2021 will offer brighter skies.  Mine became a little more cloudy yesterday with a positive Covid test.  Saturday afternoon I developed a low fever and a sore throat, but the fever was gone by Sunday morning and I felt fine otherwise.  I went to work Monday morning as usual.  A fellow coworker called in sick first thing at 7, but by 10:30 called back to say he was positive.  Having been in contact with him on Friday, I played things safe and went for a rapid test after lunch.  Rapid is an understatement as it took only 4 minutes for the test to come back positive.  Long story short, I feel fine but cannot leave the house until the 19th as long as I feel well.  

One positive from yesterday is I had a surprise package in the mail from Kerry waiting for me in the mailbox.  He emailed me a few days ago asking if I had many 2020 Bowman Draft.  At the time, the answer as none.  He put a huge dent in my needs.


Kerry sent the last 5 paper Cardinals I needed for the set.  He either had extreme luck pulling duplicates of the 5 I needed, or took the time to view my wantlist to see I had received a few cards in trade before he mailed. 



Kerry was very generous in sending 5 of the hard to find Chrome cards.  I just need 2 more to finish the set.  There are 5 different Cardinals autographs to chase, but I am going to wait until prices settle down before buying those.  I will not pay $10 for a pitcher drafted in the 4th or 5th round who has yet to throw a minor league pitch.  

Kerry also sent my first cards from the 2020 Allen & Ginter Chrome set including a Dejong mini.  These cards look awesome in hand.  I have tried a few times to win an EBAY break for these, but have not bid high enough.  Now I just need 3 more to track down. 

Thanks Kerry for killing some of my down time.  I have stopped trading during my quarantine as I realize there is the chance the virus can still spread through the mail.  I have a few packages still coming in that hopefully will arrive this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment