Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Back At It

While I was home with Covid earlier this month, I paused all of my trading.  From what I have read, there is a slight chance the virus can spread through the mail.  I did not want to take the chance of spreading anything, so I did not touch any of my trade boxes for 2 weeks.  I did however look for potential trade partners.  Once I was released last Wednesday, I was able to strike up a few trades.  The first one arrived Monday from TCDB member NYMHall.  


It was over a year ago that I worked out a trade for the 1981 Topps Coke team set.  When it arrived, the Hernandez card was the base version.  Now I can say the set is done.


Most of my OPC team sets from the 1990s are finished except for some Ozzie Smith cards.  It was nice knocking off the managers from the 1990 and 1991 sets in this trade.


That is an extreme close up of Bernard Gilkey on his 1995 Pinnacle Museum card.  The action shot on the 1995 Pacific would have been a better choice.


It has been awhile since I received any Ultra Gold Medallion cards.  There are still a ton of them to track down.


I bought a couple of tins of 1998 Donruss Preferred back in the day.  I remember one of them was Scott Rolen, not sure on the other.  I love the looks of this set.  Wish Panini would bring this set back.


I love getting cards of Caridnals Hall of Famers, but it is said to think none of these 3 are still with us.  Last week was the 8th anniversary of Musial's passing.  I always remember that day because it is also  my daughter's birthday.  


1 comment:

  1. What I do with stuff I get in the mail is:

    1. Put it right in the Home Soap, which is an electric sanitizer.

    2. Wash my hands immediately.

    3. Then let the envelope sit for at least a week before opening.

    That seems to be enough to be safe, and I'm pretty paranoid about these things. (If only because my wife is super-paranoid about these things!)

    ReplyDelete