Friday, February 19, 2021

2 2021 Blaster Boxes

Back on the 2021 Topps Series 1 release day of February 10th, I was lucky enough to score 2 blaster boxes from Target.com.  This is the first time I have ever purchased blasters online, but with the uncertainty of finding any packs at my local Walmart I took the leap.  Of course I have been to Walmart 3 times since then and found some type of Series 1 packs each time.  Maybe retail is making a comeback, or the hoarders have moved out of my town.  At any rate, the blasters arrived yesterday.  My son and I had a fun time ripping, sorting, and scanning for a couple of hours last night.


Each blaster contained one 70th anniversary patch.  My son opened the Chipper first.  I was lucky enough to pull the only Cardinal in the set.  

1952 Chrome cards are seeded 1:10 packs.  My son pulled our only 1 out of 14 packs, but at least it was a Cardinal.

The regular 1952 cards are 1 per pack.  We received 14 different ones included some nice ones like Bichette and Bart.  


1986 Topps inserts are 1:4 packs.  We slightly beat the odds with a very nice group of players.  My son had knack of pulling Braves yesterday, as he pulled both the Acuna and Aaron to go along with the Chipper patch card.


70 Years of Topps Baseball inserts are 1:11 packs.  We beat the odds again, but with a little less star power than other inserts.


Rainbow foil odds were 1:10.  I have seen some of them almost look purple from scanning like the Astro card.  Along with the gold parallels, these seem to be harder to pull this year.

2 of our better inserts were the Jackie Robinson Double Headers seeded 1:30 packs, and the Odor green parallel numbered to 499.  No odds were given for the green or orange parallels.
I did not catch this short print variation until sorting the cards.  Good thing Beckett.com has a picture gallery of these cards.  Odds for a base short print are 1:79.  


I pulled all 3 of these Tatis cards.  The Blue 1986 card was the most rare out of our boxes, seeded 1:292 packs.  The Through the Years card was a 1:25 pull.  Overall we we pleased with the cards.  I paid a little of $36 delivered for them because I had about $6 left on a Christmas gift card.  I should be done breaking Series 1 now, unless I happen to find some on sale.  





No comments:

Post a Comment