Thursday, February 4, 2021

Package Before the Snow

Frequent trading friend Ron B recently moved to Maine at the end of last year.  He is still in the process off unpacking all of his cards, but the recent snow storm is giving him a chance to do that.  He was hit with 10 inches of snow.  A lot for me, but not bad considering other areas close to him.  He did manage to make it to the mailbox before the blizzard hit with some Cardinals for me.


I have always loved Triple Threads.  The relics are great, but the base cards are equally nice.  The 2007 base card looks great with the red background.  The sepia version is not bad either.


This Carpenter Triple Threads is from 2009.  The Black Chrome Refractor is from 2006 and numbered to 549 on the back.  


I have 6 different Mikolas cards from the 2019 Prizm rainbow.  I do not think I will be crazy enough to attempt that rainbow.  I may have to added the Opening Day red parallel cards to my wantlist.  I have the blues on there already.  Once again the red background looks great on a Cardinals card.


This card screams 1990s.  Die cut and crazy backgrounds were a signature of those inserts.  The name plate is a  little dark to tell, but the McGwire is a 1998 Circa Quick Strike insert.


These look like normal 2019 Topps Heritage cards, but they are both the flip stock variations.  They are not numbered, but have a print run of only 5.  If I get bored this weekend, I will scan them next to the base cards. 






No comments:

Post a Comment