Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Paul Sends Some Ink

Things are a little bit back to normal today after the blizzard on Monday.  I am back to work, but not doing very much.  The concrete industry is pretty slow when the temperature is below freezing and the ground is covered in 10 inches of snow.  I am guessing school will be out the rest of the week, but my kids are getting some homework virtually.  It looks like things will warm up by Sunday and start to melt all of this.  

In the meantime, I have some extra time to try to stay up to date on my card filing and scanning.  Scanning is almost done except for a few trades that should arrive later this week.  Filing will wait until then.  One of my biggest trades that I scanned over the weekend was a trade from Paul of Scribbled Ink fame.  Paul is not as active blogging, but he still trades quite a bit on TCDB.  

My TCDB inventory shows I need the 2004 Playoff Honors insert, but my spreadsheet says I already have it.  I will find out later this week.  I know for sure I needed the 2020 Topps Update 1985 gold insert #ed to 50.  


I almost completed a 2018 Topps Big League rainbow of Jordan Hicks.  The Rainbow Foil is #ed to 100.  The 2019 A&G Gold Border mini is my first of its kind.  

The package also contained plenty of Alex Reyes cards including 2 refractors, a pink parallel and a nice 1987 insert from 2017 Topps.  My fingers are crossed for another healthy year for him.  


There were other refractors as well going back to 2007 Topps Chrome.  The pink Mikolas from 2018 Topps Chrome Update is my favorite, although the blue Wisdom is a close second.


Paul included other colored parallels, not just refractors.  I had to do a double take on the 2019 Bowman Platinum Baker card to realize it was the Sky Blue card.  


These 2 Altuve cards bring my son's collection to 371.  We spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon organizing them in his binder and verifying his total was correct on TCDB.  We ended up only finding 1 mistake.  His goal of 400 different cards is getting within reach.



  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment