Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Happy Topps Day!

Unless you have been away from the internet for a few weeks, you know today is the official release date for 2021 Topps.  I have surfed EBAY just to see what the Cardinals cards look like and see some of the crazy prices the cards are going for.  I have high hopes for Dylan Carlson, but will not pay $15 for his base card.  I am in a hobby box break tomorrow night that hopefully will get me a team set.  Until that time, I will have cards from a trade with TCDB member herkojerko to keep me busy.


Brock and Gibson will be forever linked as teammates on 2 World Series Championship teams, HOF members, and Cardinals greats who passed away in the same year.  These 1987 SSPC HOF cards sure are colorful.  


Have I mentioned lately I miss minor league baseball?  Without a season, you do not get great cards like these 2 from 1990.  Maybe by the end of summer fans will be allowed to watch in person.  It sound like the minor league season will run into October instead of ending around Labor Day.


It is another minor league card, but this one from Topps Heritage Minors.  Unlike the team sets, Topps managed to crank out Pro Debut and Heritage Minors last year.  The 2002 Diamond Connection Rolen is a card I was sure I had, but I was wrong.  I believe this card was part of an update set.


2021 will be a big year for Martinez.  The Cardinals have 2 options for him in 2022 and 2023.  I doubt they will be picked up unless he returns to being a #2 starter.  I am guessing Goldschmidt will have a huge year if healthy with Arenado batting behind him.  Not sure he still has 40 home runs in him, but 30+ with over 100 rbis should be doable.


When the 2020 Topps UK set, I really did not have any intentions of going after the team set.  With these 6, it is now complete.  





No comments:

Post a Comment