Monday, February 22, 2021

Fun Little PWE Trade

My onslaught of incoming pwe trades continued on Saturday with the arrival of a trade from TCDB member engine614.  Even though there were only 6 cards in the envelope, they hit a number of different Cardinals collections.


I love the oddball box sets that Fleer produced in the late 1980s.  I have never heard of this set before, so I am assuming it was one of those sets you bought from a local drug store.  


Some people may refer to these as junk wax, but I do not.  Parallels from the 1990s take me back to when it was fun to pull cards of your favorite team regardless of player.  Both Perez and Cormier only pitched a handful of seasons for St. Louis as relief pitchers, but they were big names to me back then.  The Perez finished my 1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond set while the Cormier did the same for my 1994 Stadium Club Golden Rainbow set.


In all my years of collecting cards, I have never opened a pack of Finest.  That explains why I always have a Finest hole in my collection.  After adding the 2009 Ludwick, I only need to track down Albert Pujols to finish my team set.  My 2011 Finest team set is now done after adding the Sanchez card.


If I had to vote for a favorite set of 2020, it would be Big League.  Great photography, budget friendly, and nice parallels are just some of the positives of the set.  I remember how much fun my son and I had busting a hobby box and completing the set.  Once I track down the Kolten Wong card, the orange parallel team set will be complete.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment