Tuesday, February 9, 2021

A Blogging First For Me

I will be the first to admit that my blog is not nearly as interesting as most of them out there.  The majority of my posts are trade recaps of Cardinals cards.  If you are not a St. Louis fan, I would not blame you for not spending much time here.  The comments are few and far between, but that is ok.  This blog is more of a record keeper for me along with a way to generate an occasional trade or two.

Last week reader Andrew S. sent me an email requesting my address so he could send some Cardinals my way.  This was the first time in my almost 6 years of blogging that someone has done that.  Andrew's package arrived over the weekend with a great mix of goodies.

I do not get many vintage cards in trade.  I need quite a few, but I do not ask for any in trade because I have zero vintage cards to trade.  Andrew sent a 1966 Topps, 1969 Topps, and a 1971 Topps.  The 69 and 71 are in great shape.  The 1966 is not quite as good, but it is an upgrade to the version I had.

There are several versions to the 1976 discs.  This one Isaly's version.  

There were minis of various different sizes.  The Mulder is a 2006 Allen & Ginter ad back card.


I have always like the Silver Ice parallels from Bowman.  The Lohse card is from 2013.  The 2017 Archives Peach parallel Piscotty is numbered to 199.  My scanner cut off the right border for some reason.


The lone modern base card was from 2005 Donruss Champions.  Hernandez does not get much love from Cardinals fans due to his time with the Mets.  During the mid 1980s that was a very heated rivalry.  He spend his first 10 seasons in St. Louis before being traded in 1983 to New York.  He won 5 gold gloves, 1 MVP, and a batting title as a Cardinals to go along with 5 All Star appearances.  Last year is was up for election to the Cardinals Hall of Fame, but fans voted for John Tudor and Tommy Herr instead.  



      

10 comments:

  1. Andrews a generous guy. And your blog is a good read, don't ever think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog too, despite the abundance of Cardinals everywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I enjoy seeing what new Larkins and other Reds you acquire as well as watching the box breaks.

      Delete
  3. That's a nice care package! Is that a Hrabosky rookie card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trade recaps are a staple of the hobby blogs. They are a way to share good news with others and we definitely love to hear good news about our fellow collectors. Congratulations on receiving some great cards and props to Andrew S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray.. I received your return package yesterday. All I can say in WOW. Great selection of Cubs. This was more than generous. You put me up to over 100 Kris Bryant cards! Thanks again. I've already started a new pile for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and thank you for initiating the trade/swap.

      Delete