Thursday, February 11, 2021

Another PWE Mailday

 For some reason my mailing habits go in cycles.  One week I am all bubble mailers, then next it is the pwe variety.  Last week I worked out mostly smaller trades, so the pwes have been coming in pretty steady this week.  The latest was from TCDB member stdolan1.  


Thought I would change pace today and show my son's latest Altuve additions first.  He loved the  2020 Topps Fire base card, the 2020 Gallery Foil not so much.  

The 2020 Gallery Artist Proof card is a little better than the Foil.  I prefer the simple classics like the Pujols 2004 Topps Total Checklist.  


My favorite card of the bunch is the 2020 Heritage Then and Now insert.  Torre has been showing up in more sets recently as a Cardinals.  Maybe Topps will have his sign some autographs in the near future.  I have not touched on Yadier Molina since he was resigned earlier this week.  I thought the contract was fair to both sides.  $9 million might be a slight overpay, but it would not be right for Molina to finish his career with another team.  Of course he is a free agent next year so Cardinals fans may go through this again.  My scanner did not show the purple parallel from 2020 Contenders too well.  Nice idea for a card, but give me a little more photo and a little less ticket.  


No comments:

Post a Comment