Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Action Packed Minors Trade

 Another pwe trade rolled in Monday from TCDB member sparkchaser41.  He is a set builder I have traded with several times before.  This time I sent him some 2019 Topps Archives base cards in exchange for some Cardinals from 3 different sets.


There are 2 different version of 1990 CMC Louisville Redbird cards.  The ones like this Sherrill card that came in packs have a yellow back.  There is also a stadium give away set that has a green back.  Each set features the same 29 cards with the same card number.  It took me a long time to track down the green back Lankford for my player collection.


Fast forward 31 years and minor league cards sure have changed.  The 2021 Pro Debut set features 6 different Cardinals.  I need to find 2 more to finish my team set.  Maybe next year instead of Heritage Minors I will break a box of this.  


  
The last 3 cards are from the 1993 Action Packed All Star Gallery set.  I love the photos from this set.  You do not see too many cards that picture Joe Torre as a catcher.  The sepia photos for the old timers looks good also.  I should have posted a scan of the back of the cards.  Career totals along with a list of highlights make up a good portion of the card.  I never knew Torre was NL Manger of the Year in 1982 for the Braves before having this card.   


No comments:

Post a Comment