Friday, November 19, 2021

More Gold and Base

Just like yesterday's recap, today's post features some Topps Gold Cardinals and some base cards from some sets not hit very often.  All of these came in a trade with TCDB member CubinSTLsets.  



Both gold cards are from 2011 Topps.  I now have half of the 26 card team set.  I talk a lot about finishing a Topps Gold team set.  I am pretty sure this will not be the first.


Some of my favorite cards are from the early 1990s.  They are not worth a lot, but they remind me of my early collecting years and when I had time to listen to almost every game.  I remember many nights falling asleep to the sound of Jack Buck's voice.  This 1993 Team Stadium Club card is not a bad design, but would look a lot better without the green bar on the right side.  


I am amazed how many base cards I need from the late 1990s and early 2000s.  Back then I was fresh out of college with no house, student loans, or family to worry about.  I would hate to see how much money I spent opening packs back then.  I was always busting a blaster or hobby box every week.  The above cards are from 2002 Victory, 1999 Topps Stars, 2003 Donruss Team Heroes, and 2002 Upper Deck 40 Man.  I would love to complete the 44 card 40 man team set.  Just 6 more to go after adding the Pearce card.


A long time ago I bought an EBAY lot full of Cardinals Police sets.  At least they were advertised as complete sets.  Some had a card or two missing like the 2004 Edmonds pictured above.  These do not show up very often in singles form.  I always think I will attend a show in the St. Louis area and find them, but most of the time it is just a team set.  I am not to the point yet of paying $8-$10 for a couple of common players.  
  




No comments:

Post a Comment