Tuesday, April 28, 2020

More of the Same

Another day, another trade with the usual cards coming my way.  Yesterday's mail brought a pwe from TCDB member FSCGrad777.


This package brought another 2008 Tristar Projections card after receiving 6 last week.  Ottavino has carved out a pretty nice career as a 7th/8th inning reliever.  He only played a handful of games for the Cardinals in 2010 before the Rockies claimed him off waivers in 2012. 


I have 3 of the colored parallels of the Bader 2019 Prizm.  Now I have the base to go with them.  The Knizner completes my 2019 Bowman set.  I had a copy of this before, but I had it autographed last September.  I have tickets to the same event in August of this year, but do not see that happening.


These are the regular version cards from 2018 Topps  High Tek.  I did not realize there were 8 Cardinals in this set.  It will take a while to complete this one unless I place a Sportlots order.  I have been thinking of doing that since there are no card shows to attend for another month or two.


I have never played Honus Bonus Fantasy Baseball.  Maybe after I track down the last 5 cards I need for the 2017 team set I will have a full team to try it. 


Seems like almost every year Topps uses Gibson on a Heritage Then & Now card.  He has shared cards with Scherzer, Verlander, Wainwright, Halladay, and Jered Weaver.  Maybe he will sit out next year's set.  Hornsby has been included in a lot of more recent Topps sets.  Before it was always Musial, Gibson, Brock, and Smith that Topps used for retired Cardinal greats. 


This 2013 Altuve looks a lot better in person.  My scanner really makes the flame look dull.  My son's quest for 300 different Altuve cards sits at 287 right now.  We have set a goal to get there by his birthday in early July.       

No comments:

Post a Comment