Thursday, April 16, 2020

Red and Blue

I have a love for colored parallels.  Can be from any brand or release.  It most cases they just stand out a lot more than the base card.  Of course shiny parallels are more sweet, but I will trade for any Cardinals color that I need.  A recent trade with TCDB member CoachBarry added a few more to my collection.

The blue Opening Day parallels are always sharp.  Some years are numbered like the 2013 Freese, while others like the 2018 DeJong are not.  Either way both are a huge upgrade over the regular base card.


Topps did a ton of colored parallels in 2013.  This one is the Target red version.  Goes great with the Cardinals uniform.  If red is not your color, you could also track down black, camo, emerald, gold, orange, pink, platinum, purple, or blue from the same year. 


Despite the name, 2014 Turkey Red cards are not red.  More of a maroon in my eyes.  These are just base cards from the online only release.  I have never bought any Topps online cards, packs nor singles like Topps Now.  Just not my thing.


Last but not least is just a regular 2002 Upper Deck Vintage base card, although it does score a few points for the black border.  This one completed my team set.  Morris was a very under rated pitcher for the Cardinals in the early 2000s.  He is up for election to the Cardinals Hall of Fame, but I doubt he will get in this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment