Monday, April 6, 2020

One From the Weekend

I hope everyone survived the weekend.  Despite not being able to go anywhere, it was a rather enjoyable weekend.  Saturday brought rain to my area, so I took my daughter driving.  She received her learner's permit in February.  She needs to complete 50 hours of driving before turning 16 in January.  That should not be a problem with all of our spare time.  In the evening we picked up a pizza from our favorite local restaurant.  Sunday brought better weather and 3 hours of being outside for baseball/softball, riding bikes, and taking our beagle for a long walk. 

I left a pwe that I received on Saturday unopened until Sunday evening.  This one was courtesy of TCDB member abide. 


There must not have been too many spring training photos of Eck to using in 1996.  It look like Topps and Leaf used the same one.  Ecksersley pitched for the Cardinals in 1996 and 1997.  He managed to save 30 games or more each year.  The Cards have a history of picking up closers toward the end of their careers like Lee Smith, Tom Henke, and Eck.  The Leaf Steele completed my team set, while I still need 1 more Topps Laser.  I love that set.


A couple of more late 1990s cards from 1998 Topps Stars and 1999 Victory.  I never understood why the Topps Stars base cards were numbered to 9799.  The Ankiel is a Class 2 card from 2000 Gold Label. 


It was nice to have a few parallels come in after added them to my TCDB wantlist.  The 2012 Topps Gold Carpenter looks more like a bronze card to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment