Monday, February 7, 2022

Almost there

Thanks to the ice/snow storm of last week, I had the last 4 days to get my card room in order.  All cards received from trades have been entered into my spreadsheets and filed away.  In doing so, I realized I need to buy another couple monster boxes for my Cardinals collection.  For now I filled a couple of 1600 count boxes.  I even remembered to scan all cards before filing them away.  Just 2 more trade posts before I can finally say I am caught up.  There will be a few EBAY purchases coming in that will get my attention then.  

Today's recap is a nice trade with frequent TCDB trading partner Orry04.  This was our 7th trade completed in the last 2 years.   


There should not be as many Dylan Carlson cards produced in 2022 since he is no longer a rookie.  There were over 2,000 of them made in 2021.  I am getting closer to the 100 card mark thanks to this trade.  The A&G mini is a photo variation.


Quite a few Carlsons are not very expensive like this Optic insert.  I still need 4 more base cards to finish my team set.  Either I am getting lazy or there was not as much Optic opened last year.  


I love the Magnitude acetate cards from 2021 Panini Chronicles.  The team colors really stand out on the clear background.  It helps that Panini did not have to airbrush the photo.  


This Chronicles card on the other had is pretty blah.  I really do not think of the Astros wearing blue.  Panini should have found a picture with a lot more orange.  It is somewhat hard to tell that is even Altuve on the card.  
    


2 comments:

  1. I've done a couple of trades with Orry04 as well, good trader on TCDB! I agree with you about the Magnitude cards from Chronicles - if the set was just Magnitude I'd seriously consider buying it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orry04 is on of the best, very easy to trade with.

      Delete