Tuesday, February 15, 2022

TCDB Tuesday

Tuesday is usually a TCDB 2 for Tuesday, but today I only have 1 trade to recap.  I have cut back my trading the last 2 weeks due to the upcoming release of 2022 Topps and the hopes of attending a card show this weekend.  There are only so many collecting dollars to go around, and that includes the price of postage.  

I received 13 cards in this trade with member dallasdanger.  6 are for another trader, 6 for me, and 1 for my son.


I was surprised to find out these 2 Musial cards give me 324 different ones in my collection.  I was guessing that total to be much higher.  Topps includes him in over half of there non Bowman sets every year.  Maybe I will have to make it a goal this year to get to 400.  I am not overly crazy about the manufactured 2021 Topps card, but the 2021 Archives 1989 Big Foil card is pretty sweet.  


If the 2022 season ever starts, Flaherty and Reyes will be 2 pitchers to watch.  Flaherty was off to a great start last year before he suffered an injury.  Reyes made the All Star team as a closer, but had a very bad last month.  If the Cardinals hope to make the playoffs again, both of them will need to play a big role.  


These are my first base cards from 2021 Topps Gallery.  There are a ton of these boxes at my local Walmart, but I have resisted the urge to buy any.  I do like the looks of them this year compared to the drawings of years past.  


Altuve #478 is now in my son's binder.  I doubt if he hits 500 at the card show, but you never know what we may find.  The last time we went to this show we had great luck with value boxes.  Hope lightning strikes twice.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment