Friday, February 25, 2022

Icy Delivery

I was rather shocked to see my mailman yesterday.  I rarely see her anyway because I am at work, but yesterday marked the 4th Thursday in a row that my area received some type of winter weather.  The last two have involved ice and sleet.  I can honestly say yesterday was the slickest roads I have ever driven on.  It took me almost 20 minutes to go 2 miles.  I decided it was not worth going the next 10 to work, so I called in and headed back home.  

A lot of us have bashed the post office for one thing or another.  I have done it plenty of times myself.  I will not say a bad thing about my regular delivery person.  She may arrive late sometimes, but she almost always makes it.  The roads improved somewhat as the day progressed yesterday, but they were still very slick when she arrived about an hour later than usual.  I hope she finish her route without any problems.

It was great to see she delivered a trade envelope that occupied some of my spare time yesterday.  I managed to slide out to my box to retrieve a package from TCDB member Jquirp001.


Yesterday I was reading an article about DeJong adjusting his swing in hopes of having a better season (if they do get to play a 2022 season).  I have always liked him, so I hope he does figure something out.  This 2018 Opening Day insert is actually a sticker.  


There is really no good reason why I have not completed the 2021 Optic team set yet.  Most likely I have overlooked it because the cards just do not stand out to me.  After I find a couple more, I should not have to look at this bland design again.


These Goldschmidt and Arenado cards look a lot better.  Most refractors look better than base cards of any brand.  


Both of these are 2021 Chronicles base cards, but 1 definitely looks better than the other.  The Revolution cards blend the team uniforms and background together very well.  I am pretty sure both photos were taken during the same play, if not the same game.  


Even the non catcher cards look great.  Panini was smart enough to use the Astros spring training uniform to match the background on this Atluve card.  




      

1 comment:

  1. The weather has definitely been crazy around here, too. Only we're getting warm, sunny days during the week - then snow/ice/cold weather on the weekend. :/

    ReplyDelete