Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday Threesome

After a busy January on the trading front, my focus in February has been more to buying.  This morning I was logging my card related expenses into my spreadsheet and noticed my postage totals reflected this big time.  I spent close to $35 in postage in January, only around $8 so far this month.  I think I became so consumed with getting caught up with recaps and filing away cards that I forgot how fun it is to receive a package in the mail.  I will have to make a better trading effort in March.  

I have did manage to swing a handful of trades last week on TCDB.  The first arrived yesterday from member lpb331.  


According to the database, this is a Cardinals card from 1997 Donruss Limited.  I tend to agree, but even not it still goes in my collection.  If it has a Cardinals logo, or shows the player in a Cardinals uniform I consider it a Cardinals card.  


This was the best scan I could get of this 1996 Ultra Gold Medallion card after several attempts.  The card is not really that dark.  I guess it just has a little too much gold going for it.



I explained yesterday that I try to have 2 copies of every Lankford card.  One for the player collection and one for the team collection.  If this was my first copy, you can bet it would have appeared at the beginning of the post.  Even if it is my second copy, it is still a great looking card.  


1 comment: