Thursday, February 17, 2022

Care Package from Ron B

If I had to rank my favorite trading partners, Trading Bases member Ron B would be one of the top ones.  We are constantly sending each other cards for ourselves and our sons.  Since Ron lives on the east coast it is easy for him to find Cardinals and Altuves.  Here in the Midwest I have pretty good luck finding Pirates and Yankees for him.  His latest package arrived on Tuesday and did not disappoint.


These are my first 2021 A&G Chrome cards.  They are actually the first I have seen in person.  Very sharp looking cards.  I am sure the colored refractors look pretty amazing.


Carlson does not have a base card in 2022 Series 1, only some inserts.  That is ok though, as I can track down the hundreds of 2021 cards I do not have.  This may be one of the few times I prefer a Panini card over a Topps card.  The Chronicles Phoenix really stands out with the red and silver background.  The Topps Fire Gold Minted insert has a little too much gold going on for me.  A little contrast never hurt any card.


The Holo Red parallel really works well with the Cardinals uniform.  The Holo Blue DK is alright, but I am guessing the base card looks better considering Goldschmidt is wear the Cardinals alternate baby blue uniform.


My son added to nice Altuves for his chase to 500.  Just like the Cardinals the A&G Chrome is very nice.  It is not hard to tell the Donruss card is the 100 Emoji parallel.  If you could not see the silver numbering in the picture, you cannot miss the red 100s all over the border.  


  

 

  
  

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of that color-matching Goldy, even if it an unlicensed Donruss card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very sweet. Goes great with the red wave parallel I received earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete