Tuesday, February 1, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #9

 My 2 for Tuesday recap this week piggypacks yesterday's post with more gold star parallels.  In fact 1 trade is from the same trading partner.  TCDB member CK3 actually sent me these cards 2 weeks before the package I showed yesterday.  


I am starting to show my age when I forget I traded with someone twice in the same month.  Before trading with CK3, I only had 1 card from this set.  Thanks to the 2 trades, I have 18.  


I know for sure this is my first 2021 metallic snowflake parallel from Topps Holiday.  Numerous collectors have mentioned how hard it is to spot these this year.  Maybe next year they can make the snowflakes blue.

The second trade was from TCDB member Waino2Yadi.  If you guessed he is a Cardinals fan, you would be correct.  I traded him some duplicates for these 4 Cardinals.


Now I have 19 of the 22 gold star Cardinals.  I hope the last 3 are as easy to trade for as the rest of them have been.  


I am almost half way done with the 2021 rainbow foil Cardinals.  There is a good chance I will add a 2022 foil before I get another one from this set.  If you have not heard yet, Topps released the checklist for Series 1 today.  Let's hope they stick to the February 16 release date.  If they do, it would not shock me to see some pop up in retail stores toward the end of next week.  


The last card was my favorite.  This is my second Topps Now Carlson card.  The other was from his first hit.  They are the only 2 in my collection.  I have never really felt the urge to buy any of these from Topps or EBAY other than a couple from games I have attended.  They are nice cards though.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment