Wednesday, February 23, 2022

First in Almost 3 Years

It has been almost 3 years since I have been able to show off a new Ray Lankford card.  It is great that I can search my blog and find out that March 2019 was the last time I could cross a card off my Lankford want list.  I have shown a few on my blog since then, but they are duplicates that go in my team collection.  I check a minimum of 7 sites almost daily in search of his cards.  Most of the time it is a quick check with no luck and I am done in 10 minutes.  

Last week I almost fell out of my chair when I found a needed Lankford on EBAY.  It was listed for a little more than I wanted to pay, so I contacted the seller to see if he had any wiggle room.  He did give in some, and also sent me a list of a few other Lankfords he was going to list.  I needed 1 of them.  In the end I worked out a deal for the 2 I needed for a price that was not too bad considering I have not seen either of these cards in over 20 years.

Both cards arrived yesterday in a standard envelope.  Lately I have been singing the praises of this delivery method for lower end cards.  I was not thrilled to see these arrive this way considering I paid well over the price of a blaster boxes for them.  They were in a top sleeve and loader that was taped at the top and wrapped in the invoice.  Thankfully they were both in great condition.  Enough of my rambling, let's see what I got.


1999 Pacific Crown Collection red parallel cards were inserted into retail packs.  I have read that there were distribution issues with retail boxes that led to a big chuck of these not being released.  That makes some sense considering the Platinum Blue parallel numbered to 67 is easier to find.


It is not very easy to tell what version of 1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate card you have.  Luminous has a chrome finish, Luminescent has a refractor finish, and Illuminator is a acetate card with a refractor finish.  This is the Illuminator card.  Awesome looking card in hand.  Bernie Williams and Ken Griffey Jr.  are the other 2 players to make up the Triumvirate.  

2 great cards that I can finally tuck away in my binders.  Really hope it is not another 3 years before I find another.
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment