Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Blogging Trade Coming to Life

 I  lost track of how many times I have read blog posts about joining TCDB, but not trading due to the amount of work required to enter your collection.  If you have a sizeable collection, it can seem like a never-ending process to enter your have list, want list, and trade list.  I believe it took me the better part of 2 months when I started a few years ago, and my collection was less than 30,000 at the time.  

Almost 2 weeks ago, I was doing my daily blog reading when I noticed Bo of Baseball Cards Come to Life! fame finished entering all of his trade list.  I had no idea he was a TCDB member.  I knew from reading his blogs we should be able to work out a nice trade.  Sure enough, he had a nice batch of Cardinals from my want list, while I was able to help him out with some recent set needs.  I guess we can call this a dual-site trade.


Bo has a nice assortment of cards from sets you seldom see for trade.  A great example is SP Top Prospects.  


I finished my 2003 Bowman Draft set with these 2 cards.  Barton was part of the trade to Oakland for Mark Mulder.  He had a few decent seasons as an A, but never really lived up to his first round pick status.  Glad the Cardinals included him in the trade instead of their other young catcher at the time.  That was Yadier Molina.


I finished a second Bowman set with these 2 cards from 2010 Bowman Draft Chrome.  Tuivailala was listed as a shortstop on this card, but later converted to a relief pitcher.  He as always one of the nicest players in the minor leagues.


A third team set Bo finished for me was 2005 Artifacts.  I guess Upper Deck was too lazy to photoshop Mulder into a Cardinals uniform.  


When Chris Duncan was in the minors, he was more famous for being Cardinals' pitching coach Dave Duncan's son than he was for his ability.  He played parts of 5 seasons with the Cardinals and was a key member of the 2006 World Series team.  He went on to have a career in local sports radio before passing away from brain cancer in 2019.  


I will finish things up with a card of the 2006 World Series MVP.  This Eckstein is from the 2005 Upper Deck Pro Sigs set.  Just like Topps, Fleer, and Donruss, UD put out a ton of sets in the early to mid-2000s that were unnecessary.  Thanks again Bo for the great trade!  

  



       

No comments:

Post a Comment