Tuesday, February 14, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #34

Happy Tuesday/Valentine's Day to all my fellow collectors.  My wife and I have not done anything special for quite a few years now.  She has never been the flower/candy type.  Our big plans are to order a pizza and watch the Illini game tonight.  After 24 years together, the spark is still there.  Enough rambling; onto the trade recaps.  First up is a two-pack of Cardinals from member bigblue88.


There are 18 Cardinals in the 2015 Topps Update gold set.  These 2 put me at 11.  That is a lot farther along than I thought.  

The second package contained 4 oddball Cardinals from user twinscollector34.  


I have never seen or heard of any of the 4 cards in this trade.  The Simmons card is from the 1991 MDA All Stars set.  The Cepeda is from the 1992 SmithKline Beecham MVPs for MDA set.  These 2 are the type of unlicensed cards that I love.  


I find it strange the 1992 Mootown Snackers card says Autograph Series, but there is no autograph on the card.  No big deal, as I doubt Felix Jose autographs go for very much.  If I remember correctly, I gave less than $5 delivered for one of his Topps Archives autographs.


This Lee Smith card was an insert in a 1991 Allan Kaye's Sports Cards News Magazine.  I have never heard of that publication before.  I was surprised to see logos on this card.  
  
  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment