Friday, February 17, 2023

Cards from Cards on Cards

Kerry from Cards on Cards hit me up with a trade offer on TCDB earlier this month.  We have exchanged several packages in the last few years, but this was our first one on TCDB.  He has been very busy since he started trading there.  Before very long, he will have a larger Cardinals collection than I do.  I did gain a few cards on him with this trade, as I sent him 11 duplicates in exchange for 14.


Before the Cardinals moved their Triple A  affiliate to Memphis, they played in Louisville.  Wish that was still the case, as it takes me twice as long to drive to Memphis.  I am half way done with the 28 Redbirds in the 1989 ProCards set.


I am getting very close to completing a large parallel set.  Only 2 more 1996 Collector's Choice Silver Signature cards to track down.


Kerry did finish my 1997 Donruss Elite team set with this Alan Benes card.  This set does not scan very well at all. 


Shelby Miller signed with the Dodgers this winter.  It seems like he has played for almost every National League during his 10-year career.


I really hope Dylan Carlson can stay healthy this year and get the bulk of the playing time in center field.  I believe he can be a 20-20 guy if he does.


Kerry finished off the paper portion of 2022 Bowman Draft with the Hansen card.  The Chrome set is still coming along.  He also included a nice Mojo refractor of now Pirate Malcom Nunez.  He as part of the Jose Quintana trade last year.


My 2022 Panini Prizm set is now complete also.  I need 2 more cards to finish the 2022 Update Chrome team set.  Looking at these 2 side by side, you can see how logos make a world of difference in appearance.  Both are nice and shiny, but the Yepez looks very dull compared to the Pallante.  

  
  


   
  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice pickups! Gotta love trading on TCDb. I'm glad you've got a link to your TCDb collection in your sidebar. We'll have to trade once I get more cards on my want list.

    ReplyDelete