Thursday, February 16, 2023

Lots of Hits

Last week I completed one of my larger trades in a while.  TCDB member BobbyL and I did a 16 for 16 card swap.  I sent him some 2022 Stadium Club cards in exchange for some Cardinals base cards ranging from 1998-2011.  To a team collector like myself, this trade was wonderful.  So many cards to cross off and even a few completed team sets.


You would think Topps Chrome cards were short prints with as many as I need still.  Most are from the late 1990s and early 2000s.  


I complete the 2002 Gold Label team set with the addition of the Tino Martinez card.  My 1998 SP Authentic set just lacks a card of Cardinal legend Todd Stottlemyre for completion.  I like the looks of the 2001 Donruss Signature Edmonds card, but that is a set that will never be completed thanks to a Pujols rookie and a few other short print autographed rookies.  I do have some hope with the 2003 UD 40 Man set.  Only 6 more to go to finish the 29 card team set. 


I love the retro sets like 2004 Upper Deck Timeless Teams.  I found out earlier today that Tim McCarver passed away.  I was never a fan of his as an announcer, but he was a solid catcher during the 1960s.


The top 2 cards finished my 2005 Leaf Century and 2005 Bowman Chrome team sets.  The Morris card leaves me 1 short of the 2004 Leaf 2nd Edition team set.



I finished another team set with these 3 legends from the 2011 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions set.  It is strange to see these guys in something other than a uniform.  



  

2 comments:

  1. I dont know if I've ever seen a Tim McCarver card, certainly not *that* McCarver card, which is really sharp. Love the Timeless Teams set, so many unique photos and colors. Didn't know much about McCarver's playing days other than he was Gibson's catcher in the '60s and he was on the Red Sox at one point. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you are a Cardinals fan, most people think of him as a broadcaster. He was a really good player. In 1968 he finished second in the MVP voting.

      Delete