Wednesday, August 5, 2020

2 EBAY Packages = 2 Completed Team Sets

My next 2 EBAY wins may not be as exciting to you as the lot I showed off in yesterday's post, but I was more than happy when they arrived.  Both of them completed a Cardinals team set.


I think I have needed this last 1970 Topps card for 2-3 years now.  I had some Paypal credit form selling a bobblehead a few weeks back, so now was a good time to knock this one out.  It is a very clean copy with no creases and 4 pretty sharp corners.  I guess I will move on to the 1971 and 1972 sets which need quite a few of the high numbers to be completed.


The next set is the 1989 Cardinals Smokey set.  I won the complete 24 card set for about $7.  That is a little more than I gave for sets from other years, but with the credit it was not so bad.   Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s these were stadium give away sets.  These cards are quite large.  They are roughly 4" x 6".


Here is an idea how big the Smokey card is next to a regular card.  Quite large.  I still have to track down the 1990 Smokey set to complete my run.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on some really great pickups and on completing the team set! That 1970 Cardinals Rookies card is in really great condition.

    ReplyDelete