Monday, August 24, 2020

2020 Archives Blaster and Fat Pack

My son had his last little league game on Thursday night.  His team was 8-2 and played the second place team that was 7-3.  Whoever won would be the league champion.  His team won 7-1.  He was 3 for 3 with 2 doubles and pitched 2 scoreless innings.  A game like that called for a reward.  Friday night we had some shopping to do at Walmart, so we hit up the card isle.  To my surprise it was stocked with 2020 Archives blaster and fat packs along with some Topps Chrome fat packs with the pink refractors.  I let him choose what he wanted up to $25.  I was shocked he did not go with the Chrome, instead a blaster and fat pack of Archives.  He said he wanted something different so Archives it was.


Each blaster contains 1 oversized card.  Ryan was ours.  Not a bad start.  I forgot to keep the contents of the pack and blaster apart, so you get everything at once.


One each of the 3 different designs.  We received a pretty good selection of players.  Most of the better cards were retired greats.


We did not receive a single Cardinal out of the 75 total cards, but at least my son scored an Altuve base card and a nice Combo insert.


I am not a fan of the 1955 Bowman insert.  I never like the TV look.  The Alonso is a shortprint.


We received 2 more shortprints.  My son is getting in a bad habit of pulling Baez cards.


I do remember the Tatis coming from the fat pack.  I believe there were 2 inserts in it.  Maybe 1 of the shortprints came from it also.


Unlike our Chrome blaster, we did pull a Robert base.  I had to teach my son a quick card lesson about selling cards while they are new.  I posted this on a message board a few minutes after we broke the box, and 20 minutes later is sold for $15. My son wants to use that money to get into an EBAY box break.  Maybe later this week we can make that happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment