Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Not a Single Base Card

It is rare that I do not receive at least one Cardinals base card in a trade.  I would guess my wantlist on TCDB is made up of about 80% base cards.  I need a ton of inserts and parallels, but have not taken the time to add them.  I usually trade for an insert, then add the missing Cardinals from that set to my wantlist.  My latest trade with TCDB member ntlwhlr brought me a nice stack of inserts and oddballs, but not one base card.


The Worrell card is  Broder type from 1987.  The Dizzy Dean is a card I have never seen before.  According to the database, it is from 1988 Conlon World Wide Sports.  Always nice to add oddballs I did not know existed.


Another week, another Fleer Box set that is new to me.  I knew Coleman led the league in stolen bases in 1989, but had no idea what DeLeon received an award for.  Turns out he led the NL is strikeouts.


The 2002 Upper Deck Prospect Premieres Heroes of Baseball insert set featured 9 players with 10 cards each.  I have 3 Ozzies and 4 Big Macs.  These do not appear to be very expensive or rare, so I should be able to complete both sets with a little effort.

 
I was never a fan of the Bowman gold cards.  The extra thickness led to a lot of chipping issues.  I do not get too worked up over condition, but the gold borders really show off the defects.  I was surprised to find out I only need 1 more card to finished this 10 card set.


There are way too many Prizm parallels for me to add to my list, so I will just have to check my collection to make sure I need them.  This camo card #ed to 199 is from 2015.  I have been adding the various Topps Chrome refractors to my list.  The Sepia Bader is from 2019. 


I have added most of the Big League parallels and the Topps Holiday Snowflake cards to my wantlist.  I miss not going to card shows and finding cards like these for a dime.  Maybe next year things will get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment