Friday, August 28, 2020

Catching Fire

I used some of the Paypal funds I gained from the sale of my Luis Robert card from 2020 Archives to buy into an EBAY 2 box break of 2020 Topps Fire.  My closest Target is about 1.5 hours away.  With the lack of retail product this year, I figured it was best to get the Cardinals set through a break.


I prefer last year's Fire design a little better.  2020 is not bad, but the background is a little too busy for me. 


I was lucky enough to get all 6 Cardinals in the base set along with doubles of DeJong and Flaherty.  Those will be headed to Kerry in my next package shortly unless he does not need them.  Out of the 3 designs, I like the one on the Fernandez card the best.


My only insert was this Smoke & Mirrors Andrew Miller.  He just landed on the DL with should fatigue.  He is nowhere close to the same reliever he was with Cleveland.  He still has some good days, but it seems like most of his outings include walks with multiple base runners.


No comments:

Post a Comment