Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Finishing Trade Package

Trading Card Database is wonderful site to keep track of your collection.  Whenever I would go to a card show (anyone remember those), I would have the website ready on my phone to double check if a card was on my wantlist.  While TCDB is great, I still choose to keep track of my Cardinals collections with Excel and Word.  Have been doing that for years and it is hard to break the habit.  My havelist is in numerous spreadsheets, while I keep a word document for my wantlist.

One of the first things I do when I receive new  Cardinals is to check my wantlist to see if I can cross a set off.  I love the feeling of getting something done and being able to shrink the number of pages.  A recent trade with TCDB member torcato helped me cross a few sets off that list.


All 3 of these cards finished sets.  2005 Playoff Prestige, 2005 Zenith, and 2014 Finest are know cross off my list. 


These 2 cards somewhat finish the 2020 Elite Extra Edition team set.  There are 3 autograph cards that I still need to get.  That is the Sam Tuivailala pictured that is a current relief pitcher.  Before he was traded to the Mariners, the Cardinals converted him because he was a bad hitter. 


The Pope card was the last 2001 UD Prospect Premieres I needed.  It was only a 2 card team set.  I wish I completed the 2011 Pro Debut set, but I still need 2 of those.  I will most likely have to track down a Sportlots dealer that has them both. 


I am not crazy about the 2002 Donruss Champions design, but I do love the 18 card team checklist.  You do not see too many Roger Cedeno cards in a Cardinals uniform.  I still need 4 more to finish this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment