Tuesday, August 25, 2020

3 More Small Trades

I am back today with 3 more trade recaps, all of the pwe variety.  First up is a handful of 2020 Chrome from TCDB member nathanfrancy.


I need 2 more base cards for my team set.  Despite a strong urge to join a group break, I will most likely finish this set with trades.  It can be hard to resist the lure of pulling a colored refractor. 


The Bench member RBIais sent me a couple of 2020 Donruss Rapture Silver cards.  I will gladly take any Carlson cards I can get my hands on.  Despite his low batting average, he has been hitting the ball hard.  I hope he can hit a breaking ball better than Harrison Bader and become a regular starter in the outfielder.  Goldy has been by far the best Cardinals hitter this year.  Great to see him back to his Dbacks form.

 
TCDB member La Loosh sent me the largest package that contained 7 Cardinals.  I don't think I have ever heard a collector say something bad about Pinnacle Museum  parallels.  It is one of the brands that I really miss, of course with logos included.


I am making good progress on my 2020 Topps Gold set.  I am almost half way done.  Most years I cannot say that until 2 or 3 years after the cards were released.


It is not very often Fowler gets his own scan.  The Cardinals WAY overpaid for him in 2016.  5 years for $16.5 million per year with a no trade clause is too much for a league average player.  Nothing personal against him because that is what Fowler has been most of his career.  He just happened to have 2 good years with the Cubs leading into free agency.  Maybe the Cardinals will eat most of his salary for 2021 and cut him loose over the winter.   

No comments:

Post a Comment