Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Chrome Blaster

Just like most of the collecting world, I have had little luck with finding retail packs.  My only local option is Wal-Mart.  The next closest store is over 30 miles away.  I was lucky enough to find some Bowman early this year, but had zero luck with Topps 2 and Big League.  I did check for Topps Chrome for about a week after the release date, but saw nothing but empty display boxes.  I was going to be content with joining a EBAY box break, but over the weekend my son found a blaster.  I guess the card stocker comes more than once a week now.


Blasters have 7 packs with 4 cards and another special 4 card pack of Sepia refractors.  We each opened 4 packs.  Of course my son pulls the only 2 Cardinals.  The Edman prism  is pretty sharp.


He also pulled the 2 regular refractors.


My son pulled the Trout, I pulled Puk.  I think we know who came out ahead.


I actually pulled both of these.  I bet the insert colored refractors look very sweet.



I let my son open the Sepia pack.  I had gave him some flack for pulling 2 Cubs, though the Hoerner is a decent pull.  I have a few trades in the works for some of these, but if you see something you like or need some base cards shoot me a message.  No luck pulling a Robert card.

No comments:

Post a Comment