Tuesday, September 28, 2021

#500

I have hit a couple of milestones recently on TCDB.  I passed 15,000 points last week.  This was done mostly by submitting card scans or checklists.   I also reached 500 trades thanks to a pwe from member nwcardsupplies.  Since I joined in January 2017, that is about 2 trades per week.  It has been a fun ride that I hope continues.  Here is what #500 brought me.


It is a new week and my trend of Topps Gold cards continues.  These 2 are from the 2005 Update set.  


The package contained a third numbered card with this 2013 Opening Day Blue parallel.  These cards look so great in hand that you would not think Topps would put them in a low budget brand.  Glad they did.


This 2018 Rainbow Foil card almost scanned like a chrome card.  I always like a card that shows the Busch Stadium outfield wall behind it.  It will need updated now that Ted Simmons had his number retired.


Edmonds has an outside change to have his #15 added to the wall.  He is already a member of the team's Hall of Fame.  Despite the lack of a background, this 2001 Leaf Limited is pretty sweet.  The red and blue works well with the Cardinals uniform and batting helmet.


Finishing up with a nice oddball from the 1995 Bicycle Aces set.  Jefferies was the only Cardinal in this set.  Looking at the checklist I thought it was weird Barry Bonds had 2 different cards in the small 52 card set, but more popular players like Griffey Jr. and Frank Thomas only had 1.   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment