Thursday, September 30, 2021

Golden Stars

I have never bought a factory set.  If I wanted a complete set, I would much rather have the enjoyment of building it by hand.  I know that is not as economical, but it is a lot more fun.  If you go the factory set route, you do have a few options of where to buy.  Target, Walmart, and Topps website are the main options.  Up until a year or two ago they were all the same.  Now you can get different borders and/or extra rookie variations depending on where you buy your set.  I do not actively seek out these cards, but if they are available in a trade, I will gladly take them.  TCDB user Luckyday busted a set this year that produced the gold star bordered cards.  I believe this set came from Walmart.  He traded me 20 of the 21 Cardinals in the set.  He wanted to keep the Dylan Carlson card.

I will not bore you with all the cards, just a few highlights.


Wainwright won his 17th game of the year Tuesday night for the Cardinals 17th straight win.  They also clinched the second wild card.  Molina must have really been hurting to not start along side him.  Wainwright has not singed a contract yet for next year, but is should be coming shortly after the season is over.  Fingers crossed the 2 of them will be able to break the all time record for games started by battery mates.


2 big reasons for the Cardinals win streak has been the play of the outfielders.  Both of these guys have been on fire.  It is crazy to see what some of O'Neill's cards are going for right now on EBAY.  If they keep going up, I may be tempted to sell some.  


The first 2 batters in the Cardinals lineup have also produced during the last month.  I would guess they will get some days off before the end of the season in order to rest up for the wild card game on Wednesday.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment