Friday, September 10, 2021

Carded by Kerry

My card desk is finally cleaned up after scanning the cards for today's post, but it will not remain like that for long.  My son and I plan to attend a card show tomorrow, and next week I should have quite a few trades rolling in.  At least things are nice and neat for a day or two.

Today's Cardinals package is from Kerry .  I believe it was late last week when these arrived.  It looks like Kerry has been involved in some box/case breaks that have produced some duplicates.  Glad he thought of me when figuring out what to do with them.  


I will start with a couple of former Cardinals first baseman from the 2002 206 set.  Their careers are somewhat similar in that Pujols played great for the Cardinals, then not so much once he left.  Martinez was a great Yankee, but then slumped very badly as a Cardinal.


I wish Topps would stick with just 1 Allen & Ginter set instead of the 3 or 4 them seem to crank out.  I do like the hot box foil version the best.


Topps has not went overboard with the Stadium Club brand yet with Chrome being the only spin off.  I hope it stays that way.


I am surprised there is not a Gypsy Queen Chrome set.  The inserts from this year look pretty sharp.  The Oviedo cards just leaves me 2 short prints short of the team set.  


Refractors are nice regardless of what brand they are from.  Flaherty comes from the same bulldog type mold as Carpenter.  He does not show as much intensity, but he is just as tough.  Hope his Cardinals career is just as good as Carp's.  That would mean a Cy Young and 2 World Series titles are in his future.


The non Topps portion of the package featured 2 inserts from 2021 Diamond Kings.  This is my second copy of the Carlson card.  My son thinks we should save it to get autographed some time.  Not a bad idea.
  
    


No comments:

Post a Comment