Saturday, September 4, 2021

Topps Chrome Blaster Battle

Usually when my son and I open packs together, we take turns opening them.  One for him, one for me.  If there is an odd number of packs, whoever pulled the best card gets to open it.  We decided to change things up earlier this week when my Target order of 2 2021 Topps Chrome blasters arrive.  

I got a great deal on these.  Back in July Target ran a promotion for new Red Card members.  Sign up a card and receive $40 off a $40 purchase.  You already save 5% on all your purchases at Target and get free shipping, so by using this offer, the 2 blasters cost me $20.17 delivered.  Far better deal than the retail price of $29.99 each.  

We each picked a box to open.  I will let you decide who did better.  I do not think you will have much trouble deciding.  My pulls will be on top, my son's on bottom.



I won the Cardinal round by pulling a base and a refractor. 




The base cards were pretty even.  I did pull a nice Hayes card, but my son pulled more rookies.




My son pulled more quantity and quality inserts.  He beat the 1:4 odds for the 1986 inserts.  Hard to go wrong with 2 Trout inserts.





I pulled more refractors if you count the Molina, but once again my son pulled a nice Trout.  The Vlad Jr. is not bad either.  




I beat the 1:4 odds by pulling 3 pink refractors, but my son pull another Vlad Jr.  I would say he is firmly in the lead right now.


He pulled way ahead by pulling this autograph.  Odds are 1:71.  Not the biggest name, but there are plenty of Yankee collectors out there who should like this one.  Overall it was a fun time.  I do not mind losing the battle.




2 comments:

  1. Sweet. I wish my sons liked cards. Doing a father/son battle like this would be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great way to bond with him while teaching him about some of the players other than Cardinals and Altuve.

      Delete