Monday, September 27, 2021

Worth the Wait

Usually when a trade package is delayed, your first thought is the post office is at fault.  The majority of times I would agree with that.  The PO is still working to find a package I have been missing since the end of March.  I get an updated email every 2 weeks that says the same thing.  We value your business, but have not been able to track down your package.  I highly doubt I will ever see it.  At least it was only 5 cards with 4 of them being base cards.

Last week I had a trade arrive 3 weeks after it was agreed upon.  This time it had nothing to do with the mail.  TCDB member yankeedad69 and I agreed to a simple 3 for 3 pwe swap.  One day after, he tested positive for that famous virus everyone is tired of hearing about.  He mailed my end as soon as he was out of quarantine.  It was good to hear he had a very mild case.  On to the goodies.


Goldschmidt has been an absolute beast during the Cardinals 16 game win streak.  He is hitting close to .400 with 7 home runs and 16 rbis.  I hope he can get 2 more rbis this week to reach 100.  Flaherty came back from his shoulder injury to pitch on Friday.  It did not go too well as he only got 1 out.  Not sure at this point if he will be active for the wild card game.  The Goldy is a 2020 Bowman Platinum Ice parallel, and the Flaherty is a 2021 Heritage Chrome numbered to 999.


My son added a nice 2021 Stadium Club Red Foil to his Altuve collection.  The Astros magic number is down to 2, so they should clinch a playoff spot before the weekend.  


      

No comments:

Post a Comment